Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Halo 3 * * *

Ok, Let me premis this by saying i havent played this online and dont know if I ever will. Im just not big on playing complete strangers. Can you cay overrated. I was a little diapointed in this game. It feels like a clone of halo 2. The graphics get an 8 out of 10 for me, the sound is average and as fpr the gameplay, I could swear Ive allready played this. And its WAY too short. I beat it in 4 hours and I sorta get my but handed to me in Halo online, so imagine what a Halo vet can do. Dont get me wrong, there are a couple of really fun levels that you havent done before. Like my fave in the whole game when you take down 2 of those huge spiders like the one you jump onto in Halo 2 and takeout from the inside, but thistime your on the ground and you need figure out how to get in to take it out. They added some new ships, wepons and upgrades. Now as far as vehicles go on top of the new ones if you have seen it in any of the previous halos you can fly or drive it. Some of the more mentionable wepons now avalable are the hammers, and the fact that you can tear the gun off of turrets and carry them with you. this may sound odd, but trust me, they make it work. On top of that you can also carry one "specal item" such as a gravity lift, cloaking, bubble shields and more. Another thing I didnt like is that in Halo 1 you can go anywhere and change up your stratagy, then in Halo 2 you were put on a set corse, well I prefer the open enviornment and Halo 3 keeps the blinders on. I do like the fact that you can unlock new armor for multiplayer so we dont all look the same, and I suppose that can add to the play time if you unlock all the armor in the game.

Overall I gve this an 8.6 out of 10. However, I also think this is a must get to complete the trilogy, not sure Id suggest paying full price for it unless you love the online feature, but get it eventually. If your dyin to play it, rent it till it goes down in price. I beat it once and havent touched it again.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an OK game - nice features with the custom games and save films but like always, it's a little bit overrated. The multiplayer is OK, especially when I play with a team of friends but personally I think I enjoyed Call of Duty 4 a lot more.